The safety of weight-loss supplements depends on several factors, the most important being:
-frequency of use
Supplements that contain high doses of caffein or amphetamines can have negative effects on your heart health which is why supplements with such ingredients (including ephedrine) are regulated and not recommended for people with a history of addiction or heart health issues.
However, natural supplements that can aid in weight-loss such as anti-inflammatory herbs, natural appetite suppressants, laxatives and blood sugar regulators can be useful in weight-loss in combination with exercise, getting enough rest and reduced portions.
When starting a new supplement regimen, always start with the suggested dose. Better yet, start with half the suggest dose to see how you react to it then increase to the suggested dose.
Here is a list of supplements you can include in your quest to lose body fat:
Green Tea (Camellia sinensis):
- Green tea contains antioxidants called catechins, particularly one known as epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), which may help boost metabolism and fat burning.
- This small, green fruit contains hydroxycitric acid (HCA), which is believed to inhibit an enzyme that helps the body store fat. However, the evidence for its effectiveness is mixed, and more research is needed.
Cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum):
- Some studies suggest that cinnamon may have a stabilizing effect on blood sugar levels, potentially reducing cravings for sugary foods.
Ginger (Zingiber officinale):
- Ginger may help boost metabolism and promote satiety, potentially contributing to weight loss.
Turmeric (Curcuma longa):
- The active compound in turmeric, curcumin, has anti-inflammatory properties and may help regulate blood sugar levels. Some studies suggest it could play a role in weight management.
Cayenne Pepper (Capsicum annuum):
- Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin, which may help increase metabolism and reduce appetite.
Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum):
- Fenugreek seeds are rich in soluble fiber, which may contribute to a feeling of fullness and reduce overall calorie intake.
Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale):
- Dandelion is often used as a diuretic and may help with water weight loss. However, more research is needed to support its effectiveness for long-term weight loss.
Nettle Leaf (Urtica dioica):
- Nettle leaf may have diuretic properties and could assist in reducing water weight.
Licorice Root (Glycyrrhiza glabra):
- Some studies suggest that licorice root may help reduce body fat mass, but excessive consumption can lead to side effects, so it should be used cautiously.
- Our detox tea contains many of the ingredients listed above to support you in your quest to shed a few kg's.
Other supplements include Inositol, Berberine, Raspberry Ketones, CLA, Glutamine, B12, Moringa and Apple Cider Vinegar.
It's crucial to approach weight loss with a focus on overall health and well-being. Our 7 Day Reboot program is created to take you on a journey of relearning the correct approach to weight loss.